Quarrystone Covid Policies
TRAVEL INFORMATION: COVID-19 UPDATE:
The wellbeing of our guests is of paramount importance. Please follow the advice of local health authorities. For safety of all, please do NOT travel if you do not feel well, have travelled outside of the country in the last 14 days or have reason to believe that you may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus. Please call us if you need to cancel your reservation.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- It is mandatory to wear masks in all public spaces (except when eating breakfast!)
- During your stay, please maintain a safe social distance of 2 metres between yourself and other guests and our staff.
- Check-In is done verbally (we do not take you into your room)
- Your room will be stocked with amenities including toiletries, coffee, tea, and 2 bottles of filtered water. Should you require anything more please ask at breakfast or phone 250-537-5980.
DURING YOUR STAY:
- To reduce risk to our guests and our staff, Housekeeping will not be providing daily cleaning service. For stays longer than 3 nights you may request housekeeping service; all guests must be out of the room for 4 hours.
- We have removed non-essential items in rooms, including pens, brochures, maps and magazines to reduce touch points but they are available in the guest dining room and the information centre.
- Breakfast is served at 9am (one time) in the dining room of the main house. Keeping with COVID health protocols we have removed the harvest table and now have separate tables for guests that are 2 metres apart to ensure safe social distancing.
- All staff are required to wear masks at all times while serving guests.
- All of the guest rooms are in a separate building from the main house each with their own entrance, patio, ensuite bathroom, flatscreen, fireplace, fridge, microwave, (there are NO COMMON AREAS) ensuring complete privacy and a safe environment for all guests.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CLEANLINESS:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. We are working to ensure we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19 and include everything from hand washing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to the guest rooms and dining room. guests might touch
- Staff are not permitted to come to work if they do not feel well or may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus
- Staff have been trained on hand hygiene and social distancing.
- Guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each check out, using products and protocols effective against viruses with special attention to high touch points.
- Increased frequency of cleaning in public spaces with a focus on the dining room, information centre, railings, door knobs, light switches and room keys.
en booking a reservation, we do not process any deposit, this simply holds and confirms your reservation. There is a two-night minimum on weekends, April through to October, and on all holiday weekends. Single nights are sometimes available depending upon how bookings are made, so please phone to check availability. A full three-course gourmet country breakfast is included in the room rate and a continental option is also available for those who wish to sleep in!
There is a 10 day cancellation policy. This means that there will be no charge if the reservation is cancelled 10 days prior to the scheduled date of arrival. A reservation that is cancelled within the 10 days will have a charge of one night’s room rate. “No Shows”, or cancellations with 24 hours of arrival, will be liable for their entire reservation. No refunds for early check out.
We accept Cash, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners and Debit. Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 5% applies to all charges as well as the 8% Hotel Tax. Non-Residents of Canada may claim back GST and will need Quarrystone Houses GST number, please ask at check-out.
Check in/Check out:
Check-in time is 4pm or later, if you need an earlier or later check-in, please phone in advance to make arrangements. Check-out is 11am or earlier.
Children and Extra Guests:
Children 2 years and under are free, 3 years to 12 years are $30 extra per night, 13 and over are $50 extra per night. We have high chairs, boosters, a play pen, and roll-away cots at no additional charge. Please request upon booking, so we can have them ready for you.
Pets are accepted upon approval at a charge of 25.00 per night per pet. Resident Quarrystone pets are cats Sebastian and Yeti, Cow Bourbon, April Rain the 35 year old horse, and our herd of sheep!
Please let us know at the time of booking if you have any allergies or dislikes and if there are any specific dietary restrictions. We have 20 years of experience in the restaurant business and can accommodate all requests.
Smoking is permitted strictly outdoors only, away from other guests and open windows. Please ask for an ashtray. Salt Spring is a very dry island and has an extreme fire hazard in the summer months. Please, take care.
There is ample parking in front of the B&B house with automatic light sensors for your convenience, if you arrive after dark. The gate is electric and will open automatically. Drive up in front of it and the gate will slowly open. There is no charge for parking.
WiFi is provided for free for guests.